Stacy L. Kolbash
Site Manager for:
MS, RD, LDN
- Master of Science in Human & Consumer Science
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- Certificate of Training in Child and Adolescent Weight Management
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- 2007-2012 Six Sigma
- Green Belt Certification Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member Twin City Dietetic Association Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools
- Healthful Living Project Team YMCA Health & Wellness Coalition
- Member Ohio University Advisory Board Committee Member
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC
Provided treatment for more than 500 children through the Brenner FIT Clinic, representing approximately 2000 different family members in 5 years. Led education division of Brenner FIT program to provide professional and lay childhood obesity training, workshops and outreach. Brenner FIT reached 25,000 people through 150 community presentations in 5 years.
Managed dietetic internship collaboration and supervised dietetic interns to attain childhood obesity and public health skills. Implemented and developed curriculum for over 10 programs focused on family health and nutrition.Presented at professional conferences, training workshops, and experiential learning classes. Developed and taught adult and adolescent culinary classes in teaching kitchen. Featured in local and national media as advocate for childhood obesity. Utilized motivational interviewing to support behavior change and improve overall health and obesity status. Leader and collaborator on interdisciplinary team of pediatricians, physical therapists, nurses, social workers, and counselors.
Assessed nutritional needs of pediatric patients that reflect interdisciplinary care plan and age-appropriate care. Published in peer-reviewed professional health journals and wrote nutrition education and promotional articles for local print media and WFBMC website. Developed policies and protocols to establish adolescent bariatric program. Implemented continuous quality improvement initiatives and satisfaction research.